Florida Ready to Work. It will give students a competitive edge by earning one or both career credentials – proof that you have the right skills and the right attitude to get the job you want. Your Florida Ready to Work Credential will make you stand out from other applicants and shows employers that you have the skills and initiative they are looking for. You can even improve your score and your value to employers with free online training tools that will build your job skills.
- Soft Skills
- Soft Skills measures competency in work tasks and behaviors including: cooperate with others, resolve conflict, negotiate effectively, solve problems, make decisions, observe critically, and take responsibility for learning. There is 1 assessment required to earn this credential. For more information, open the Frequently Asked Questions link at the bottom of the webpage.
- Ready to Work
- Ready to Work tests and scores job skills in three main areas: Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information. There are 3 assessments required to earn this credential. For more information, open the Frequently Asked Questions link at the bottom of the webpage.
Both credentials and corresponding courseware are available to all Broward College students and Broward County residents. Contact a Broward College Career Center for more information. Click here for contact information.
How Do I Get Started and What is the Process?
Complete the online placement tests to measure current skill levels
- Sign up at a participating Broward College Career Center
Use the online, self-paced courseware to improve skills if needed
Take the required proctored assessment for Soft Skills and/or Ready to Work at a Broward College Testing Center.
For Soft Skills:
- Referral form from the Career Center is required to test and make an appointment
For Ready to Work:
- Earn a passing score on the assessment
Receive your Florida Ready to Work and Soft Skills credentials signed by Governor Ron DeSantis!
- Earn passing scores on all 3 assessments