For Broward College (BC) students requesting to take a placement test at another institution.
Broward College (BC) has a Remote Testing process in place for allowing students to take a placement test on a remote testing basis. Broward College Testing uses the term "Remote Testing" to describe tests that are authorized by BC to be administered by an approved non-BC proctor at another institution, facility, or virtually. The criteria below explains the BC remote testing request process and fees.
Remote Placement Testing will be considered for the following reasons:
- Students who live outside of the South Florida Tri-County area (Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties).
- Students living outside of Florida.
- Students living outside of the United States.
The following tests are eligible to be taken through BC's Remote Testing process:
- Placement requests outside of the United States utilize virtual remote proctoring through Examity.
- Remote placement testing is only available for postsecondary students. It is not available for secondary students.
For information on fees, visit the Testing Fees web page.
Remote Placement Testing Policies:
- Students must have a BC Student ID number prior to requesting remote testing.
- All requests must be approved by the Institutional Test Administrator (ITA) (email@example.com) or designee prior to taking the test.
- Requests must be received at least 10 business days prior to the preferred test date.
- Testing must occur at a secure postsecondary test center or for those serving in the military or foreign services, a military/government educational facility.
- Students are responsible for all remote testing related proctoring fees as well as any BC testing fees, which includes virtual proctoring.
- All students are required to present valid identification before the test session begins at another facility.
- All students are required to adhere to the BC Testing Guidelines and Prohibited Items policies while testing at another facility.
- Remote testing via virtual proctoring service is only granted for students testing outside of the South Florida area or those with documented need. Requests are granted on a case-by-case basis. Virtual proctoring also requires secure internet connectivity and bandwidth to properly function. Certain area in the world do not offer this level of internet connection. Any fees incurred due to internet issues are non-refundable. Not all requests for virtual proctoring will be granted. In these cases, students will need to find a suitable physical testing centers to proctor their test. See the previous bullet for more information.
- Broward College uses ACCUPLACER for all virtual common placement testing through Examity. Check your computers compatibility by clicking here. Examity FAQ
Remote Placement Testing Steps:
- Students must locate a testing facility in their geographic area with internet access.
- Look for community colleges, colleges, universities, military bases, or U.S. Consulate in your geographic area.
- To assist you in locating a college or university testing center, visit the NCTA website.
- Contact the testing facility and make sure they are willing to proctor an assessment for you prior to completing the request form below. You should allow a minimum of 3 ½ hours for a complete the test administration.
- Make sure that you have the following information before completing the Remote Placement Request Student Form.
- Student's Information:
- Full name
- BC Student ID#
- Contact phone number
- Email address
- Proposed Test Date and Time
- Proctoring Institution Information:
- Institution name and website address
- Proctor name and Proctor address
- Proctor email address
- Proctor phone number
- Click on the link below to complete the Remote Placement Request Student Form.
- Once you complete the student form, an email will be sent to the test proctor you have designated with a link to a second form he or she will complete.
- The test proctor will complete the Remote Testing Request Form (Proctor).
- Once both forms have been completed, your request will be processed by a Broward College Testing staff member.