The Trigonometry Bypass Exam (TBE) is available for eligible students to take in the Testing Center.
- Students scoring 280 or higher on the ACCUPLACER Advanced Algebra Functions subtest during the Higher Level Math test.
- Students who took and passed MAC1140 Pre-Calculus Algebra and wish to exempt from taking MAC1114 Trigonometry.
TBE Test Fast Facts
|How long is the test?||90 minutes|
|How many questions are on the test?||30 questions|
|How much does the test cost?|
Visit the Testing Fees webpage for more information!
All fees must be paid prior to testing.
When taking the Higher Level Math Test:
- First attempt is free
- Retest attempt is charged a Fee
To exempt from taking MAC1114:
- Fee charged for both attempts
|Can I retest?||Yes. Students can retest once on the TBE. |
- Must wait 24 hours for retest attempt
|What is the passing score?||21 or higher (70%)|
|Can I receive credit for passing the TBE?||No. Passing the TBE will only provides exemption from taking MAC1114. |
|What is permitted during the exam?|
- Scratch paper will be provided.
- A scientific calculator is available inside the exam.
- Formula sheets are not permitted.
Test Preparation Resources: