A student seeking aid as a transient student must complete an application through Florida Shines.
How Do I Receive Financial Aid For My Transient Courses?
- Answer 'yes' to financial aid questions in Florida Shines.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Enroll in POEC compliant courses.
- Verify that the courses and institution listed in Florida Shines are correct.
- Submit transcripts to the Registrar's Office for evaluation. Your eligibility will be determined at the end of the term attended. Please be advised you must have passing grades in order to receive aid.
* Any issues with your courses, application or institution selected, please see your Academic Advisor.*
Consortium agreements between Private and Out of State Institutions- These agreement forms can be completed by the Assistant Directors at each campus Financial Aid Office.
Deadlines to turn in transcripts to receive financial aid
|Federal Aid||State Aid |
|Fall 2019 - March 16, 2020||Fall 2019 - January 2, 2020|
|Spring 2020 - August 17, 2020||Spring 2020 - May 8, 2020|
|Summer 2020 - September 15, 2020||Summer 2020 - June 18, 2020|
These deadlines are only applicable for submitting transcripts to the Registrar's Office in order to determine your eligibility for aid. You may still complete the transient process even if you are not requesting financial aid.