Important Information about Work Study
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from the Supervisor Orientations
- The 2019-2020 Federal Work Study (FWS) Cost Centers must be used for all Work Study students
- To change the work tags in Workday for a current Work Study student, please follow the steps in this Training Aid
What is Federal Work Study
The Federal Work Study and Florida Work Experience Programs provide employment opportunities that allow students to earn money by working on-campus or off-campus. Students employed through a Work Study Program are employed as Part-Time employees at Broward College; therefore, Work Study students must follow all HR policies. Work Study students are restricted to 25 hours per week per HR policy. Work Study students are paid $10 per hour. Federal Work Study is restricted to the students' award amount and eligibility. Work Study is limited funding and awarded on a first come, first serve basis restricted to the availability of funds.
Work Study Jobs
You must follow the steps below before applying for a Work Study Job Posting. If you are interested in a position, you must contact the Supervisor using the listed email address. The Supervisor is responsible for the selection of candidates and the interview process. If you are hired, the Supervisor will notify you that a resume and application must be submitted to HR. Only the Supervisor can answer any questions about the position posted to the Job Posting site.
Work Study students are restricted from the following duties:
- Supervising other employees or students
- Having access to student files or student records
- Grading other students' assignments