Live Chat
Sign In

How to apply for services

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for accommodations, a student must satisfy the definition of a disability as established by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Section 504 defines a disability as any person who:

  • has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities
  • has a record of such an impairment
  • is regarded as having such an impairment

How Do I Request Accommodations/Academic Adjustments?

  1. First you must self-disclose your disability to Accessibility Resources.
  2. If you would like to request accommodations, please provide your campus Accessibility Resources office with appropriate documentation of your disability from a qualified diagnostician or medical doctor that addresses your disability and its impact in an educational setting,  If you have questions about your documentation please contact Accessibility Resources.
  3. After your documentation has been reviewed, and it is determined you qualify for services, an appointment will be made for an interview with a coordinator to discuss the academic accommodations/ support services needed.
  4. It is important to understand that accommodations approved in high school do not necessarily carry over into college. 

Please complete an Application for Services / Self-Report Form below and submit it with your disability documentation to the campus that you plan to attend. Visit the About Us page for information on where to send the documents.

If you do not already have documentation, please have your doctor, therapist, or other clinician complete the appropriate verification form below for the campus you are attending.  If you have multiple disabilities, please have your doctor complete the appropriate form for each. 

How Do I Petition For a Substitution/Waiver?

Students who want to petition for a program substitution/waiver based on a disability, should submit disability documentation and meet with your campus Accessibility Resources coordinator. 

Please review the Policies and Procedures for substitutions.  Then, complete the Program Substitution/Waiver form and return it to your campus Accessibility Resources office.

Sign Language Interpreting

Contact Accessibility Resources for interpreting services.

Temporary Disabilities

Contact Accessibility Resources on your campus if you have a temporary disability and need accommodations.

Disabilities Related To Pregnancy

Contact Accessibility Resources on your campus if you have a disability related to pregnancy and need accommodations.

  • Obtain three insurance licenses exam-free
  • Complete your degree in only 24 months
  • Earn your A.S. in Vision Care.
  • Learn More
  • Most Affordable
  • Third Year in a Row
  • Ranked 3rd for Associate Degrees
  • Our Grads Earn More
  • Ranked #2 in the Nation
Broward College​
111 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Phone: 954.201.7350
Contact Us​​
​ ​
©​ 2019 | Broward College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected classification in its programs and activities.
​​ View our non-discrimination policies and Title IX policies.​​